Wednesday, January 18, 2012

trip to flagstaff

This past weekend, Jonathan and I headed up to Flagstaff with our friends. We've been trying to plan this trip together for a while so even though I didn't want to leave Micah again, we did. Am I a terrible mommy? We only went for a day.

Anyway, Flagstaff is near and dear to my heart and one day we would love to live there and I would love to teach at NAU (or do something there, who knows?). The funny thing about this trip is that we were the only married couple with a child, and 7 years older than the youngest person we were with. If that doesn't make you feel old I don't know what will!

I love this drive up and I know we're close when we see those gorgeous trees! (if you'll remember, I have an out-of-commission macbook, which means cell phone photos!)...

We seem to visit the Lumberyard every time we're there. We even filled up our Growler with Hefeweizen. Yum!



I think I love this place because it sits right on the train tracks. Nothing says Flagstaff like the sound of a train!

We then met up our friends at Maloney's and watched football. And ate bar food. Too much beer and bar food=mad tummy! I'm not used to all that beer. The evening ended for us a little early (I told you we're old). Between the beer and pizza we had for dinner, I just was not feeling it, as much as I wanted to go out and get crazy. It never felt so good to crawl in bed!

Of course we were the first ones up the next morning and ate some delicious complimentary breakfast at the Embassy Suites and headed up to Snowbowl to see the little snow that there was. We were happy to get home to our sick baby :(

So I've learned my lesson. I can't hang with the little kids all of the time ;)

2 comments:

  1. We were just there on Friday ourselves. We had friends in town from Dallas and took them to the Grand Canyon. We stopped in Flagstaff both ways and went up to Snow Bowl. :)

    ReplyDelete