Sunday, January 22, 2012

sunday is for the kitchen

I always used to dread Sunday because that meant the next day was Monday and the start of the week. These days I'm loving them because I get (or try to get) stuff for the week done. It just gives the beginning of the week a good start. I used to bake a lot on Sundays but since I'm taking a step back from so much sugar, no cookies were made today.

This morning I started at Jaime's baby shower. I stayed away from the desserts! It was hard because everything looked so good, but I stayed strong. A week was about what I needed to give myself and break and realize moderation is okay... No deprivation here.

When I got home I made Micah some organic carrots and broccoli for the week:



Broccoli is new to Micah and I'm not quite sure how he'll take to it. Peas weren't his favorite at first but he decided if he was hungry he was going to eat them :)

I made a new batch of egg cupcakes this week and took a new picture. Yes, Andrea, I know my cell phone, lazy photo I took of my last batch did not look appetizing.

We had a huge bag of blood oranges so I made some blood orange soda using Perrier, the juice of about 8 blood oranges, and raw agave nectar (hello, sugar!).



We now have some homemade soda in the fridge for the week. It's the perfect combo of flavors and I didn't actually use too much agave. 

Micah is asleep and we are headed up to bed. Productive Sundays are the best, aren't they?

Tomorrow we start our Beachbody Challenge!

2 comments:

  1. Those egg cupcakes look delicious! I never thought to make broccoli for the baby. I'll have to try that. I've only done sweet potatoes, carrots, and unsuccessfully avocados (they turn brown when defrosting)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've found that avocados and bananas are just easier to serve on the spot if they're available. I haven't found anything to keep them from browning, minus a little lemon juice, but even that's not that effective.

      Delete