Dear Micah,
Today you are 7 months old. Every month I go, "Wow, I can't believe he's ___ months old." This month is no exception.
Despite having bronchiolitis and an ear infection this past week, you continue to smile and go on with your days, most of the time happy as a clam. In most of your pictures, though, your standard pose is staring at the camera. Sometimes it's hard to get a picture of you smiling!
You don't have any teeth yet, but your bottom gums feel a little swollen, so maybe they're coming (haven't you been teething for months now?!). You want to crawl so badly but are still stuck in that push up position, rocking back and forth. You can move one knee a bit. After a while you get frustrated and face plant into the ground :)
Trust me, though. We are in no hurry for you to be crawling around this house, yikes!
Of course you love food. Who doesn't in this family? I'm still making about 95% of your baby food, using Earth's Best jarred in a rut or when out and about. New foods include pears, apples, butternut squash, and as of today, broccoli. You still love your bananas, and can eat a whole one in a sitting.
One thing we've been sure to be doing is eating together at the table. I want it to be a lifelong habit, and no better time to get started than when you're a baby.
You love screaming, making noises, when mom chases after you, talking to the dogs, my water bottle, sticking things in your mouth, my cell phone (basically anything you shouldn't have), walks, baths. You think everything is funny when we talk to you and you laugh when we laugh. I think you're a great baby, even if you are a little high needs at time. You don't like when Mom or Dad disappear from your view, though.
Sleep. Well, sleep is okay. I mean, I take what I can get and as much as I don't like waking up multiple times in the middle of the night, I know one day that will be gone, and one day you won't need me at 2 a.m., and one day I won't be able to nurse you back to sleep in a dark, peaceful room. So yes, sometimes I am sleep deprived, and yes sometimes it drives me crazy, but I cherish those moments and know they will be gone one day. I've been more lenient this week since you're sick and you actually have been doing okay. We will all get sleep one day, right? :)
I can't believe how close you are two being a one-year-old already. You have already taught us so much about life and we love you to the moon and back.
xoxo,
Mama

No comments:
Post a Comment