Thursday, February 16, 2012

moving on up

We had our inspection on Valentine's Day and I would say it went pretty well, considering the age of the house. There's an electrical issue we need to take care of ASAP, but other than that we could probably do the majority of the things by ourselves. So that is good news! I've still been hesitant to really say anything to anyone (read: Facebook!) about moving because it still seems sort of weird. We're moving from a brand new (4 year old) house to an ooooolllld home. Part of me is really exited and part of me is sad to leave the place where we brought Micah home. Part of me is really happy to be able to redecorate and renovate and part of me is terrified it'll never get done! And then I have this fear that something will happen where we won't be able to close, just because of the nature of the sale. Ahhh! But assuming everything goes well, we close in less than a month.

Ugh.

That means packing. I. hate. packing. I can barely cook dinner with Micah being such a special, high needs baby (:)) so I can't even imagine finding time to pack up our house. I have a feeling a lot of things will get thrown in the garbage. Hopefully this weekend we can start looking at what we can sell / get rid of. And then I have to pick out floors and paint and wow, it all feels overwhelming. Oh and money. Yikes.

Anyway, that's what happening over here! Micah's sister tooth popped in and wouldn't you know it he slept 1,000 times better last night. Micah's new foods lately have included melon, zucchini, and mango. I really need to figure out how to start feeding him actual meals besides mashing a banana into everything. But again, I need some more time.

Is it summer ye?

No comments:

Post a Comment