Wednesday, January 16, 2013

I'm Back!

Who's happy? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

With my Etsy shop taking off (using that term very loosely) I wanted to have a little bit more of a personal touch to people buying my stuff. Don't you always wonder about the person behind the things you buy? Since I've neglected this blog a bit, it's always here for me. I want to try to add a little bit of this and that and share bits and pieces of things that I love, do, make, and see. 

On that note...

How's 2013 going so far? I'm enjoying it, if I do say so myself. I've made quite a few goals for myself (not resolutions, just goals) as always, and I thought I'd share some.

Personal:
  • start saving more money. I've put myself on a cash budget for groceries and "fun" stuff. So far so good. I've started putting more money away automatically every two weeks. Outta sight, outta mind ;) Jonathan and I have separate accounts, which works for us, and everything evens out pretty well. 
  • bike more. We've moved to a fantastic area, got new bikes, and a bike trailer. We've had a terrible cold snap but I'm excited for spring and the places our bikes can take us!
  • be more cognizant of my diet. I go through phases and my pants can tell! I just started Wheat Belly and I'm excited to learn some great info from this book. I have the knowledge, I have the skills, I just need to have more willpower! 
  • get family photos taken. We have a great set of pictures taken by Christina Heaston, who unfortunately does not live here. These pictures are also over a year old. I need to do some research to find an affordable family photographer in the Phoenix area with the "eye" we are looking for. Any offers?! ;)
Professional:
  • find a new career. Without getting too much into detail, it's time for me to move on and out of K-12 education. It's a hard place to be. You need a thick skin, among other things, and me not having to power to change things I see going wrong is really frustrating. I'd like to get into higher education and get my feet wet. From there, who knows?
  • make more money. Goes with the above. I hope to start out about the same salary, but I need to go somewhere with opportunity for growth. With my degrees, I should be able to make more than I am, or at least be able to make more than $1,000 a year by getting another masters degree! Or perhaps, make more money based on my performance at a job (wait, wha?!).
  • have 300 sales this year on my Etsy shop. I think it's possible and I will do everything in my power to make it happen!
So those are my goals, my biggest is probably finding a new job, which I've been pretty active at so far.

What are your goals? Looking forward to a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment