Well hello there.
It's been a while. Truth is, I haven't felt like updating a whole lot. I do owe Micah a ten month post (seriously, I go back to them when I fill out his real baby book months behind...). No real reason, I just feel like sometimes blogging to the empty space that is the internet is pointless and takes away from real life. I did feel like I needed to document my new decade of life that I will be starting tomorrow: 30!
It's really weird. I feel excited about turning 30 but it's so much different than I could have ever imagined years ago. I don't know how to explain it, though. Maybe I just felt like I would "feel" older. I mean, how much older can I feel with a husband, baby, home, cars, career? I'm very glad and very blessed to be where I am in my life. I'm ready to turn 30 and embrace it.
I spend the last weekend in my twenties in true twenties style: had a girls weekend at the Hotel Valley Ho!
We swam, drank, went clubbing, drank, saw celebrities, drank. The usual, right? My sweet husband stayed at home with the baby. Wonder what kind of trouble they got into?
While my body is still physically recovering from being up past 2 a.m., I did enjoy myself. It's not something I do all of the time, but I have come to appreciate those times more (not necessarily the drinking but the alone time with humans taller than 2.5 feet). It also makes me appreciate my little family even more.
So, 30, I'm ready for ya. And I'm also ready for you, summer. I'm looking forward to trips, pool dates, baby pool dates, lazing around, and 115 degrees (okay, not really, but I'll take it if it means I get to stay home with my little guy every day). And a certain someone's 1 year old birthday. What! What the what?!
Help.
No comments:
Post a Comment